Halloween 2015

Damle: 6 bizzare songs to pregame with this Halloweekend

So, we’ve all listened to “Thriller” and “Monster Mash,” when we’re feeling corny but what about these random Halloween-themed remixes that you never thought about listening to?

Full disclosure: Not hating on “Thriller.” I love it just as much as Jennifer Garner’s character in “13 Going on 30.” But there is more beyond that:

“Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)” by Yeah Yeah Yeahs

This original Yeah Yeah Yeahs version of this is great and has been mashed up with “Thriller” before (I’m looking at you, “Glee”). That being said, this A-Trak remix is a solid hype song, and Karen O’s softly sinister voice meshes well with A-Trak’s beats. Basically, “off with your head, dance ‘til your dead” is exactly what you need to hear on

Halloween.

“She-Wolf” by Shakira

Yes, this is very corny of me, but I love Shakira. And this is a combination of wolves and Shakira. So don’t hate, appreciate Shakira and her werewolf goddess abilities.

Mike Relm’s “Harry Potter Remix”

OK, so this is more of a joke but I think after a few potions (I’m feeling nostalgic so I’m going to just refer to them as that), this remix will be much appreciated by Harry Potter fans.

“This is Halloween” Cover by Panic! At the Disco

This isn’t exactly a turn-up song but hey, remember Panic! At the Disco? This is basically just my excuse of bringing them back up.

“Disturbia” by Rihanna

This was a classic middle school Rihanna jam, and it’s got that spooky theme, so just roll with it. The beat alone and the nostalgic value the song holds is enough to justify playing it.

“Psycho Killer” by Talking Heads

This is perfect for Halloween. Plus, it’s got a fun guitar riff, so you can awkwardly bop/flail as much as you would for a more electronic-based song if you so please.

Isha Damle is a junior television, radio and film major. She rarely knows the actual lyrics to songs, but is good at faking it until she makes it. Plus, her version is probably better. She can be reached at  idamle@syr.edu or on Twitter @ishadamle.