Syracuse football recruiting: Curtis Harper becomes 1st defensive tackle in 2017 class
Courtesy of The ACC
Class of 2017 defensive tackle Curtis Harper has verbally committed to Syracuse, he announced in a tweet Monday afternoon. He is the 17th commit in the class.
Harper is ranked with two stars by Scout.com and 247Sports.com’s composite rankings. He is listed as the 117th best defensive tackle in the 2017 class by 247Sports’ composite rankings.
Harper attends McKeesport (Pennsylvania) High School and is listed at 6 feet 2 inches and 302 pounds. He is the Orange’s first defensive tackle commit in the class and first from Pennsylvania. Harper also had offers from Wake Forest, Boston College and Bowling Green, in addition to 14 others, per Scout.
The announcement of Harper’s commitment is the second in a three-day span for SU. Tight end Aaron Hackett announced his pledge to Syracuse on Saturday.
Track Syracuse’s entire 2017 recruiting class, here.
Published on August 1, 2016 at 2:16 pm
- Syracuse football recruiting: Class of 2017 tight end Aaron Hackett commits to SU
- Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 linebacker Nadarius Fagan commits to SU
- Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 wide receiver Russell Thompson-Bishop commits to SU
- Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 linebacker Kadeem Trotter commits to SU
- Syracuse football recruiting: Track the Class of 2017