The Final Word: Beat writers discuss Syracuse’s 76-72 overtime loss to No. 8 Louisville
Jessica Sheldon | Staff Photographer
Syracuse (16-11, 8-6 Atlantic Coast) failed to knock off No. 8 Louisville (21-5, 9-4) Monday night in the Carrier Dome, falling 76-72 in overtime. SU overcame a 14-point deficit but could not defeat its third straight Top 10 opponent at home. Andrew White led all scorers with 22 points but the Orange shot an abysmal 8-34 (23.5%) from deep. Tyler Roberson missed two free throws that would’ve tied the game in overtime.
Our beat writers Connor Grossman and Matt Schneidman discuss the defeat.
- What we learned after Syracuse’s 76-72 overtime loss to No. 8 Louisville
- Syracuse can’t complete third upset of Top 10 opponent in 76-72 loss to Louisville
- Andrew White’s 12 missed 3s overshadow 22-point night in loss to No. 8 Louisville
- Gallery: Syracuse falls to No. 8 Louisville 76-72 in overtime
- Fan reactions from Syracuse’s loss to Louisville
Published on February 14, 2017 at 12:23 am