Student Association

James Franco, Angie Pati announce campaign for Student Association president, vice president

Courtesy of James Franco

James Franco, right, and Angie Pati, left, are running for president and vice president of Student Association's 61st Legislative Session, respectively.

Syracuse University juniors James Franco and Angie Pati announced Sunday that they will run together for Student Association president and vice president, respectively.

The pair made the campaign announcement on Sunday via their personal Facebook pages and a new joint page for their campaign. In doing so, they became the first pair to announce their candidacy for president and vice president of SA’s 61st Legislative Session.

The election will run from April 17-20.

“We believe we can present a new way forward that will utilize the full potential and resources of SA to truly impact students and their experiences at SU from academics to safety to student life to more,” Franco wrote in a Facebook post.

Franco, a junior political science and history double major, is currently SA Academic Affairs chair and ran for comptroller during the last election cycle. During the current legislative session, Franco and an assembly member submitted the bill that called on Syracuse University to declare itself a sanctuary campus.

Pati, who has not previously been involved in SA, is a junior neuroscience and psychology dual major.