work wednesday

Freshman spreads a positive message through a wear-and-share bracelet company

Courtesy of Rachel Sadler

The Little Words Project sells crystal-beaded bracelets with a tracking device that allows the wearer to register their bracelet online, pass the bracelet to someone else and follow its story.

Rachel Sadler is already leaving a positive mark on the Syracuse University campus. For the past two months, the freshman has been an on-campus representative for the Little Words Project, a jewelry company aimed at connecting and empowering women around the world.

The Little Words Project sells crystal-beaded bracelets with a tracking device that allows the wearer to register their bracelet online, pass the bracelet to someone else and follow its story. Each bracelet is beaded with fine-cut Swarovski crystals and features an inspirational word. The wearer simply registers the bracelet on the company’s website and can begin following its journey.

About two years ago, Sadler was contacted by her best friend’s aunt, a member of the Little Words Project marketing team. She offered Sadler a position as a campus representative due to the strength of her social media presence.

“I love my social media. I love Instagram,” she said. “I think (the bracelets are) cute and have good messages … They empower girls which is special.”

S for Syracuse ??

A post shared by Little Words Project® (@littlewordssyracuse) on

As a marketing major in the Martin J. Whitman School of Management, Sadler is pleased to be gaining business experience so early on. Her responsibilities include running the Little Words Project Syracuse account, arranging bulk orders on campus and raising awareness for the company through word of mouth. The crystal bracelets run from $22 to $28.

Sadler’s main priority is spreading the word about the company. This role has pushed her to expand beyond her inner circle to sell to people all over campus. After recently fulfilling a bulk order with her sorority, she has received massive support from her friends and customers encouraging her to continue expanding.

“It’s actually pretty cool because no one knew about it before and now some people do,” Sadler said.

As the school year is coming to an end, Sadler is continuing to build up the brand here on campus. She hopes to continue her support for the brand back home in Boca Raton, Florida while working at a local retail store.

“The meaning behind the company is essential, there’s a purpose behind it,” she said.