Football Recruiting

Syracuse football recruiting: Class of 2018 wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse

Harris chose Syracuse over offers from Maryland, North Carolina State, Maryland and Rutgers.

Class of 2018 wide receiver Taj Harris committed to Syracuse, he announced on Saturday afternoon.

The 6-foot-2, 175-pound receiver from Palmyra (New Jersey) High School is ranked as a three-star recruit by 247Sports.com’s composite grades. He’s the 24th-best player in New Jersey and the 140th-best receiver nationally, according to the site.

“First I would like to give my mother a thanks for keeping my head on the right path throughout this process , along with friends and family,” Harris wrote on Twitter in his commitment post. “Thanks to the coaching staff and teachers at Palmyra high-school for helping me believe in myself , when nobody else was. I will like to give a thanks too all the schools who’ve been apart of my recruiting process. This has been nothing but a dream , and I wish the best too everyone. Now, I’m excited to announce my Commitment to Syracuse University!!! … #OITFN #BEL18VE #CUSE

“- Tajadin Harris”

He chose Syracuse over offers from Maryland, North Carolina State, Temple and Rutgers.

Harris runs the 40-yard dash in 4.52 seconds, according to his Hudl.com profile that was last updated in March. He also plays point guard on his school’s varsity basketball team.

Less than a week ago, on Sunday, class of 2018 wide receiver Anthony Queeley committed to the Orange. Harris is the third receiver in the class, joining Queeley and unranked Pennsylvanian Cooper Lutz.

Harris is Syracuse’s 12th addition player in the 2018 class. Track the entire class here.

Watch his full 2016 highlight tape below: