Syracuse to open 2017-18 season at home against Cornell

Jeff Anderson | Staff Photographer

SU head coach Jim Boeheim, who enters his 42nd season, will meet his son's Cornell team in November.

Syracuse will host Cornell to open the 2017-18 season on Saturday, Nov. 10 in the Carrier Dome, according to a tweet by CBS insider Jon Rothstein. SU Athletics later announced the matchup.

It sets up a meeting between SU head coach Jim Boeheim and his oldest son, Cornell incoming freshman Jimmy Boeheim. Jimmy announced March 1 that he committed to the Big Red, after he averaged 23.3 points per game as a senior at Jamesville-DeWitt (New York) High School. He recently completed a prep year at New Hampton (New Hampshire) School.

Cornell finished the 2016-17 season 8-21 and 4-10 in the Ivy League under first-year head coach Brian Earl, the 1999 Ivy League Player of the Year at Princeton and former longtime assistant with the Tigers.

Last season, his Big Red got trounced to the Orange, 80-56, on Dec. 27. (SU leads the all-time series 91-31.) Syracuse, which finished the year 18-13 and 10-8 in conference, lost in the second round of the National Invitation Tournament to Mississippi.

This past week, it was also announced the Orange will host Maryland in late November, as part of the ACC-Big 10 Challenge, and Buffalo. Here is the full slate below.

Saturday, Nov. 10: Cornell

Friday, Nov. 17: Texas Southern

Saturday, Nov. 18: Texas Southern

Monday, Nov. 20: Oakland

Wednesday, Nov. 22: Toledo

Saturday, Dec. 2: Kansas (at American Airlines Arena, in Miami)

Tuesday, Dec. 5: Connecticut (at Madison Square Garden)

Conference:

Home/Road: Boston College, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, Virginia

Home: Clemson, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame

Road: Florida State, Miami, Georgia Tech, Duke, Louisville