Cross Country

Amanda Vestri, Savannah Roark earn ACC weekly honors

Courtesy of Sara D. Davis | The ACC

Amanda Vestri won ACC Performer of the Week following a sixth place finish at the FSU Winter Classic.

The Atlantic Coast Conference on Wednesday named Syracuse senior Amanda Vestri the Performer of the Week after she placed seventh at the Florida State Winter Classic on Saturday. She was joined by freshman Savannah Roark, who won Rookie of the Week honors.

Vestri was the conference’s highest finisher in the 6,000-meter on Saturday with a time of 20:25.7. She finished behind runners from Stanford, Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Colorado and Alabama. Duke, Notre Dame and Boston College also competed in the meet.

Vestri has finished in the top 10 in every race so far this season. She won both regular season meets and placed second at the ACC championship. She’s also been Syracuse’s highest finisher in every meet this season.

Roark was the second Syracuse runner to finish in Tallahassee, Florida, placing 59th overall. She was the 11th freshman to finish and the third-placing ACC freshman. She also finished fifth at Boston College’s invitational, the Battle in Beantown.

Syracuse races again at FSU in the Last Chance Meet, one week before the NCAA Championship on March 15.